Carpages.ca is a premiere automotive industry shopping and research tool and dealer website platform. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and a genuine work/life balance.
You are the ideal candidate if you have experience writing applications and scripts in PHP that you can reference as examples. You have attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot and debug performance and data-related issues.
- Experience with a modern PHP framework (e.g. Symfony or Laravel)
- Comfortable working in bash environment, firm grasp on navigating local and remote filesystems (via SSH, FTP, etc.)
- Ability to write CLI-based applications and scripts (i.e. in PHP, bash, or other scripting language)
- Familiar with writing MySQL queries
- Experience with git
- CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab)
- Experience working programmatically with different text-based file formats like CSV and XML
- Using virtual environments for local development
- Experience programming with REST APIs
- Understanding of cron or other scheduling and automation tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can work with a team to accomplish business objectives
- Trustworthy, detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Teachable with a willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Good Application Design - An intrinsic sense and knowledge of how to put things together The Right Way, and having a desire to develop with excellence and use of best practices.
- Meeting Business Objectives - Knowing how to balance a desire for excellence in the code with meeting business objectives.
- Rapid Prototyping - Prove, disprove, or improve on ideas quickly by creating implementations that can be tested by real users and iterated upon.
- Testing - Implement appropriate TDD/BDD principles.
- Completed degree in related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience developing PHP applications
Working at Carpages.ca has its perks
- World class level coding practices & processes
- Good benefits package (dental, vision, paramedical, travel insurance, etc.)
- Work/Life balance - for real
- We invest in health and ergonomics (you’ll get your own motorized sit/stand desk)
- We embrace documentation, testing, version control, and continuous integration
- Located in central Mississauga on city transit routes and near bike paths
- Free parking (for cars and bikes)
- Your colleagues won’t only tolerate, but embrace you bringing in a mechanical keyboard
- We have a fun team building environment
- We have gourmet Coffee in a variety of roasts, brewing methods, and informed coffee nerds who want to brew it for you
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!