Carpages.ca is a leading automotive car shopping site. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and a genuine work/life balance.
As an Intermediate Web UI Developer your primary role will be to build and enhance features on our flagship site, Carpages.ca. You will work closely with UX designers to breath life into creative ideas. You may also have opportunity to work on other web-based applications, tools, and dashboards.
Working at Carpages.ca has its perks
- Real work/life balance
- Sit/stand desks for all developers
- Good benefits package (dental, vision, paramedical, travel insurance, etc.)
- Located in south central Mississauga close to the QEW and Queensway Bike Trail
- Free parking (for cars and bikes)
- Your colleagues won’t only tolerate, but embrace you bringing in a mechanical keyboard
- We have a vibrant team-building culture across the organization
- Gourmet coffee in a variety of roasts, brewing methods, and informed coffee nerds who want to brew it for you
- Razor sharp eye for design
- UI execution with Swiss precision
- Proficient in cross-browser / cross-platform testing and debugging
- Comfortable working with a server-side framework, preferably PHP (e.g. Laravel or Symfony)
- Good Development and Design Skills
An intrinsic sense and knowledge of how to build usable, clean, attractive interfaces, and having a desire to develop with excellence and use of current best practices.
- Meeting Business Objectives
Know how to balance a desire for excellence in the code with meeting business objectives and timelines. Understanding the bigger picture.
- Integration and Testing
Implement appropriate testing principles (e.g. TDD) and frameworks and automate with CI/CD pipeline (we use GitLab).
- React, ES2015+, NPM/Yarn, Gulp/Grunt, etc.
- CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab)
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy, detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Self-starter who can work with a team to accomplish business objectives
- Teachable with a willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Experience working in a lean agile development environment
- Completed degree in related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing web-based applications