Carpages.ca is a premiere automotive industry shopping and research tool and dealer website platform. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and a genuine work/life balance.
You are the ideal candidate if you have built substantial projects that you can reference as examples. You have experience building web applications working in a team environment with other developers at varying levels of skill. Practically, this includes designing new OOP modules and libraries, building new applications and microservices, and working together with front-end developers to put the polish on our front-end applications.
- Advanced proficiency with a modern PHP framework (e.g. Symfony or Laravel)
- Proficient in profiling and optimizing code and queries for large, traffic-intense sites
- Extensive experience with automated testing frameworks and BDD/TDD methodologies
- Practical understanding of SOLID principles
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate usage of software design patterns
- React Native, Kotlin, Swift
- CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab)
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can work with a team to accomplish business objectives
- Trustworthy, detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Teachable with a willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Good Application Design - An intrinsic sense and knowledge of how to put things together The Right Way, and having a desire to develop with excellence and use of best practices.
- Meeting Business Objectives - Knowing how to balance a desire for excellence in the code with meeting business objectives.
- Rapid Prototyping - Prove, disprove, or improve on ideas quickly by creating implementations that can be tested by real users and iterated upon.
- Testing - Implement appropriate TDD/BDD principles.
- Completed degree in related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing web-based applications
Working at Carpages.ca has its perks
- World class level coding practices & processes
- Good benefits package (dental, vision, paramedical, travel insurance, etc.)
- Work/Life balance - for real
- We invest in health and ergonomics (you’ll get your own motorized sit/stand desk)
- We embrace documentation, testing, version control, and continuous integration
- Located in central Mississauga on city transit routes and near bike paths
- Free parking (for cars and bikes)
- Your colleagues won’t only tolerate, but embrace you bringing in a mechanical keyboard
- We have a fun team building environment
- We have gourmet Coffee in a variety of roasts, brewing methods, and informed coffee nerds who want to brew it for you
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com!