Carpages.ca is a premiere automotive industry shopping and research tool and dealer website platform. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and a genuine work/life balance.
As a Front-end Programmer your primary role will be to assist in building and iterating on features on our flagship site Carpages.ca, as well as our web-based applications, tools, and dashboards. Additionally, you will work closely with our front-end team to put the polish on our client sites.
- Ability to engineer CSS/JS frameworks/libraries/modules to be used across a large number of sites
- Knowledge of architecture rules/guidelines (and when to break them)
- Ability to break down a larger problem into smaller solutions
- Strong focus on re-usability and accessibility of components
- Proficient in cross-browser testing and debugging
- Strong sense of design and an eye for the little things
- React Native, Kotlin, Swift
- CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab)
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can work with a team to accomplish business objectives
- Experience working in an agile development environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Trustworthy, detail-oriented, self-motivated
- Teachable with a willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Good Design and Development Skills - An intrinsic sense and knowledge of how to build usable, clean, attractive interfaces, and having a desire to develop with excellence and use of best practices.
- Meeting Business Objectives - Know how to balance a desire for excellence in the code with meeting business objectives.
- Rapid Prototyping - Prove, disprove, or improve on ideas quickly by creating implementations that can be tested by real users and iterated upon.
- Testing - Implement appropriate testing principles (e.g. TDD).
- Completed degree in related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience developing web-based applications
Working at Carpages.ca has its perks
- World class coding practices & processes
- Good benefits package (dental, vision, paramedical, travel insurance, etc.)
- Work/Life balance - for real
- Sit/stand desks for all developers
- We embrace documentation, testing, version control, and continuous integration
- Located in south central Mississauga on city transit routes and near bike paths
- Free parking (for cars and bikes)
- Your colleagues won’t only tolerate, but embrace you bringing in a mechanical keyboard
- We have a fun team building environment
- We have gourmet Coffee in a variety of roasts, brewing methods, and informed coffee nerds who want to brew it for you
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com!